Not Just Numbers, But Lives
Once again we find ourselves upon the time of year where OSHA releases the preliminary numbers for the top 10 violations for their calendar year. Remember OSHA’s fiscal year runs October 1 to September 30, this is why these are only preliminary numbers. At the 2015 National Safety Council Congress & Expo held in Atlanta, GA in September OSHA released this information. Data is still being collected and finalized.
The preliminary numbers show that there has been little movement in the top 10 over the past year. This data will be updated and the numbers will change over the next few months. This is what has been released as of September.
Top 10 2015 OSHA Violations
- Fall Protection (1926.501) – 6,721
- Hazard Communication (1910.1200) – 5,192
- Scaffolding (1926.451) – 4,295
- Respiratory Protection (1910.134) – 3,305
- Control of hazardous energy (Lockout/Tagout) (1910.147) – 3,002
- Powered Industrial Trucks (1910.178) – 2,760
- Ladders (1926.1053) – 2,489
- Electrical – Wiring Methods (1910.305) – 2,404
- Machine Guarding (1910.212) – 2,295
- Electrical – General Requirements (1910.303) – 1,973
Based on OSHA’s top 10 list from last year, 2014, we can see the power industrial truck violations moved down a spot to the 6th leading violation from the 5th last year. Control of hazardous energy, most commonly referred to as Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) has actually moved up a spot to the 5th leading violation this year up from the 6th spot last year. Continue Reading…