In keeping with past practice, IATA has issued a late year 2013 (December 26) Addendum I to the 55th Edition of the DGR, in effect January 1, 2014.
Some significant changes in the DGR include:
- Section 126.96.36.199 conditional extension of shipping lithium batteries tested according to Rev. 3 of UN s.38.3
- Section 188.8.131.52 regarding passenger awareness is now mandatory (“must” replaces “should”)
- SP A807 excludes hay, straw or (UN1327) from regulation if it’s dry & uncontaminated
- PI-101, 562, 953, 965, and 968 have had revisions for content and editorial changes – e.g.
(Note that the page reference in Addendum I regarding PI-953 should read “page 546…”!)
- Section 184.108.40.206 clarifies the use of ground/sea Limited Quantity marks in relation to the LQ requirements of IATA
- Colour requirements are modified for 5.1 (removes “black-on-red” option) and 5.2 (permits black-on-red” option for upper flame portion) labels
In addition there are so some editorial changes (e.g. correcting the reference to Package Use Markings- 220.127.116.11 found in various packaging instructions and sections 10.7.1.3.1 & 2; options for locating “IB” on the Shipper’s Declaration – Section 18.104.22.168.
There are also changes to State and Operator variations as reviewed below.
FedEx to extend edit checking software requirement:
One of the most significant changes for non-US shippers will be the elimination of FX-12 and the simultaneous extension of FX-18 to shipments originating anywhere. As of May 1, 2014 Continue Reading…